Paella the most famous rice dish in Spain. It has been at the center of celebrations for centuries and also the best way of receiving friends and family for lunch or dinner.
Sabores de Carmen tells you its favorite Paella recipe. The one we cook at home every week.!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 150g of sliced pork
- Half kilo of chicken
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 200g of fresh tomato puree
- 350g of rice
- 700ml of chicken broth
- 250g of calamaries
- 8 tiger prawns
- 250g mussles
- 50g of peas
- Sliced, grilled red peppers
- Saffron or food colouring
- Use a paella pan to cook all the ingredients in so that all the flavours stay together
- First, cook the tiger prawns until brown
- Then add the chicken and pork to the prawns and remove them from the pan
- When the meat is cooked, add the crushed garlic and mix together.
- Add the calamaries and the tomato puree
- When the tomato is cooked and the calamaries are brown, add the rice and sauté it
- Pour the hot chicken broth into the pan with the rice
- Add the peas, grilled red pepper, the cooked chicken, pork and prawns to the pan
- Cook altogether for 15 minutes and add more hot chicken broth if needed (if the rice gets too dry)
- Once cooked, leave it to cool for 3-4 minutes, covered with a table cloth.